Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a simple,yet east casserole that I nearly always have the ingredients for on hand. It's as easy as "Hamburger Helper" and much better. Freezes well!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh ground chuck
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package noodles
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes or 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can white corn
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Brown onions and meat,season with salt pepper and garlic salt.
- Boil the noodles in water for 6 minutes and drain.
- Drain corn.
- Mix all ingredients and turn into a two-quart greased casserole dish.
- Can top with a little more grated cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Very Tasty and Easy!!!!! Perfect dish for a busy day, as it is very quick to make. I added about 3 tablespoons of Italian Seasonings for added flavor and it was perfect. Thanks for posting!!!!
This recipe is great! It's quick, easy to make and my 5 year old loves it! I'm going to turn the leftovers into a meat pie. Thanks for sharing!
This was a great base recipe, all of the family really liked it, even my picky 10 yr old son :) I made a couple changes, just personal preferences. I added a good dose of Italian seasoning, Emeril seasoning, and used both fresh garlic and garlic powder. and skipped the corn I put all of the spices in with the meat and onions, placed it all in a bowl when it was done cooking, and used the same pot to boil the noodles. I cooked the noodles until tender, drained the water out, then -re-added the meat mixture back into the pot and cooked it for another few minutes, giving the flavors time to "meld" together. I added in all of the cheese, mixed it around, and cooked for anther few minutes and served it right up! So the entire dish was made on the stove top, I skipped the oven all together.