Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
My mother used to make these for us when we were little. I still loooooove them and I thought I'd share. Fairly simple kid-pleaser for sure! Sort of like a mini-meatloaf surrounded by biscuit. I listed refrigerator biscuits to provide a shortcut,but you can also make your own (which is what I do) instead. Sooo good!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 (16 1/3 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients except biscuit dough to bowl and mix until well blended.
- Shape meat mixture into 6 balls and set aside.
- Open biscuits and place on greased baking sheet.
- Roll biscuits out a little bit to enlarge them.
- Place one meat pattie/ball on top of one biscuit and wrap dough up to the middle of the meat.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until meat is cooked through and biscuits have puffed up and browned.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve!
My boyfriend and I love this dish!! We are even thinking of other creative things to stuff in these boats. Thanks for the recipe!!
These didn't do it for us. Too dry with the biscuit dough. However, I thought the meat mixture tasted great by itself and I think it would make a great meatball mix for pasta meatballs. I'm keeping it to use the recipe that way. Thanks!
these are so good. my kids are picky eaters, I had them in the kitchen helping me. I will be making these again.