Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
my kids love green bean casserole and I was trying to think of something for dinner and came up with this twist on traditional green bean casserole to make it a full meal
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- seasoning salt, to tast i use johnnys
- pepper, to tast
- 1 1⁄3 cups french fried onions
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans French style green beans
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded chedder cheese
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- Cook hamburger drain and set aside until cool. Mix together soup and milk then add beans and hambergur 1 cup of chedder cheese 2/3 cup onions season salt and pepper to tast top with mashed potatoes and cheese bake for 30 min in a 350 oven then add remainder of fried onions and bake an additional 5 min.
This was quick to throw together. I used ground sirloin and didn't add the fried onions to the mixture, but served them on top of each individual serving after cooking. I didn't care for the cheese melted on top, and next time will just mix all the cheese together inside the casserole. I tried to fit this mixture into an 8x8 dish, but found it was overflowing. I'd suggest an 8x13 casserole dish. Next time I make this I'm adding additional mashed potatoes. This recipe was yummy!!