Darlene Summers's Note:
Oh this is so creamy and so good!!!! This is one for your church potlucks. Cooking time is estimated--it may take a little more or less time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons onions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green pepper (chopped)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked ham (diced)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2For Pie: Sauté onions and green pepper in oil; REMOVE FROM HEAT.
- 3Blend in flour. Gradually stir in milk, ham and soup; return to heat.
- 4Bring to boil; boil 1 minute.
- 5Pour into greased casserole.
- 6Bake at 450 degrees while preparing biscuits.
- 7FOR BISCUITS: Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- 8Cut in the shortening.
- 9Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 10Roll out and cut out the biscuits with a glass or a biscuit cutter.
- 11Remove hot casserole from oven.
- 12Place biscuits on top of hot casserole.
- 13With oven still at 450 degrees, return to oven and bake 15 to 20 minutes more or till biscuits are done and browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham Pie With Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 733.8
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 1192.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 34.4 g