Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Sweet potatoes, apples, and ham under a unusual roof.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 cups diced cooked ham
- 3 medium apples, peeled cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄3 cup water or 1⁄3 cup apple juice
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- In 2-quart greased baking dish, layer half the potatoes, half the ham, and half the apples.
- Combine the salt, pepper, brown sugar, and curry powder. Sprinkle half the mixture over the potatoes. Repeat the process with the remaining potatoes, ham, apples, and brown sugar mixture.
- Pour the water or apple juice all over. Cover dish and bake at 375°F until sweet potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Beat together the pancake mix, milk, mustard, and butter.
- Take the casserole from oven when the potatoes are done and pour the pancake mix over the top. Bake 20 minutes more uncovered, or until pancake is puffed and golden.