Recipe by HotcookinAZ
Came up with this after Easter. Had all the ingredients left over and the guest all gone! Make it as spicy as you want depending on the amount of paprika added. The crab adds a very subtle taste, I might omit it next time to try a different taste!!
- 2 cups new potatoes
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups thawed frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, shredded and drained
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until soft. Drain. Smash with a potato smasher in large stock pot. I left mine slightly chuncky.
- Add onions, garlic, butter
- Stir until well mixed over high heat. May brown a little,.
- Add 2 C corn, creamed corn, chicken broth.
- Mix well over medium heat.
- Using a blender or cuisenart- Puree mixture in batches to deisred 'chunckiness'.
- Return to Stock pot.
- Add remainder of corn, ham, celery and crab.
- Heat adding Paprika ( 1 tsp gave it a good punch, might want a 1/2 for less spicy flavor), salt and pepper to taste.