Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from a Cabot ad in an Eating Light magazine. I havn't tried this recipe yet, but I plan on making it for a breakfast-for-dinner party. It looks really good and seems easy to make. It is noted to use ham with small diameter.
- 12 slices black forest ham (1 oz each)
- 3 slices whole wheat bread or 3 slices white bread, torn into 4 pieces each (1 oz each)
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg substitute (or real eggs)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (12 oz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat a 12-c (4 oz each) muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Fit each ham slice into each cup.
- Divide bread among cups.
- Then divide the egg into the cups.
- Sprinkle each with cheese and pepper.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the cups and garnish with chives.
- Serve warm.
Great little recipe! So cute! My kids, dh and I all loved this. Will make this over and over again! I used reduced fat cheese to make this more WW friendly.