Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious recipe a friend of mine made and gave to me. Update 12/20/08: Based on the review by CapeCodHiker, I have changed the amount of milk to 3 1/2 cups.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, cooked and drained well
- 2 cups cornbread stuffing mix (I like Pepperidge Farm) or 2 cups seasoned stuffing mix (I like Pepperidge Farm)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 24 slices boiled ham, thinly sliced
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated (can add more if you like)
- paprika (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; combine spinach, very well drained, stuffing, sour cream.
- Spread mixture on ham slices and roll up with seam side down in baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour and blend well.
- Add milk and continue to stir over medium heat until thick.
- Add cheddar cheese and remove from heat.
- Stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour sauce over ham rolls and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and paprika, if desired.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes covered and 20 minutes uncovered.
I made this recipe to bring to an office Potluck. I prepared the recipe exactly, with the exception of adding some dried minced onion, small amount of garlic powder and pepper all for flavoring. When I prepared the sauce I realized the amount of milk shown is incorrect. The milk I used was about 3.5 cups. This got rave reviews at the office and I'll make it again for another potluck. Very tasty