- 2 cups cooked ham, shredded and chopped fine
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal (I like to use yellow)
- 1⁄8 cup mayonnaise
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except oil, in a medium sized bowl (mixture will be stiff).
- Heat oil over medium heat, in a non-stick skillet large enough to fry all patties at one time (may do 2 patties at a time to turn more easily).
- While oil is heating, form mixture into 4 patties.
- Fry until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.
- Serve warm and enjoy!