Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A stuffed breakfast sandwich
Make and share this Ham and Cheese Kolaches recipe from Food.com.
- Add warm water to bowl and sprinkle yeast on top. Stir to dissolve. Next add sugar and salt and stir to dissolve.
- Add flour to water mixture. With stand mixer use dough hook to combine ingredients. You can also do this by slowly adding the flour and stirring with a wooden spoon, and then eventually kneading when dough forms. Dough should not be too sticky.
- Lightly coat dough in oil, cover with cloth, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Separate dough into 9 balls about 100 grams each and place on greased cookie sheet or plate. Coat lightly with cooking spray and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise another 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Take each ball and roll out with flour (roughly 4 inches wide and 6 inches in length).
- Add whatever ingredients you like to the inside of the dough. (Smoked turkey, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno is my favorite.)
- Place the filling in the middle and pull each side to the center, pinch together, and put seam side down on a greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat this with all the dough balls.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- When kolaches are finished brush lightly with melted butter.