1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Addicted to Bread's Note:
A stuffed breakfast sandwich
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add warm water to bowl and sprinkle yeast on top. Stir to dissolve. Next add sugar and salt and stir to dissolve.
- 2Add flour to water mixture. With stand mixer use dough hook to combine ingredients. You can also do this by slowly adding the flour and stirring with a wooden spoon, and then eventually kneading when dough forms. Dough should not be too sticky.
- 3Lightly coat dough in oil, cover with cloth, and let rise for 30 minutes.
- 4Separate dough into 9 balls about 100 grams each and place on greased cookie sheet or plate. Coat lightly with cooking spray and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Let rise another 30 minutes.
- 5Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 6Take each ball and roll out with flour (roughly 4 inches wide and 6 inches in length).
- 7Add whatever ingredients you like to the inside of the dough. (Smoked turkey, cheddar cheese, and jalapeno is my favorite.)
- 8Place the filling in the middle and pull each side to the center, pinch together, and put seam side down on a greased cookie sheet.
- 9Repeat this with all the dough balls.
- 10Cook for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11When kolaches are finished brush lightly with melted butter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Cheese Kolaches
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.6
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.0 mg
- Sodium 1172.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 18.5 g