Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this off of Recipe Goldmine. This is so good and easy! It makes a great brunch dish and is a good way to use up leftover ham! We love this one!
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 3 slightly beaten eggs
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup finely crushed cracker (about 15 and prefer Ritz)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook onion in butter till tender.
- Combine with remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Lightly spray a 10 x 6 x 1 1/2-inch baking dish with non stick spray and pour ingredients in.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or till a knife inserted just off center comes out clean.
We had this for supper last night. Was very light and good not heavy. We enjoyed it. My husband took the rest to work for lunch. I used the garlic ritz creakers. I used half of the onions, our 3 year old grandaughter was eating with us she likes some.This was very good we will have it again.
I am having a hard time admiting how much I loved this casserole. I mean, I am a whole grains health food store kind of a person most of the time. But we got a great deal on ham and I've been looking for ways to use it. I served this as "breakfast for dinner" along with some waffles, some cinnamon rolls, and homemade hot apples. This is fabulous! Great flavor. We did only use 1/2 cup cheese (4 oz is 1/2 cup) and think a full cup would have been too much. Great taste. Thanks!
I prepared this using leftover Easter ham. The flavors of the onion, egg and butter crackers (I used Club...my personal favorite) really blend well. Hubby topped his second helping with a bit of salsa. That was really good! I served this as a quick dinner with some steamed broccoli.