Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
THis recipe came from the Junior League of Cobb-Marietta, Georgia. The name of the cookbook is "Georgia on My Menu". I got it out of our Georgia Magazine, September 2004. DH does not like horseradish so I decreased the amout to 1 teaspoon. (he never knew it was used...hehehe)
- 8 slice swiss cheese
- 8 slice ham (rectangular sliced lunchmeat)
- 2 (566.99 g) package broccoli stems, steamed and drained
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml flour
- 1.23 ml salt (I omit the salt)
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish
- 9.85 ml mustard
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml grated onion
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 236.59 ml pineapple juice
- 118.29 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one slice of cheese on top of each slice of ham; top with 1 to 2 spears of broccoli and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter, blend in flour, salt horseradish, mustard, Worcestershire and onion.
- Combine egg youlks and pineapple juice; gently stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in milk and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbling.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over broccoli; roll ham and cheese around broccoli and secure with wooden toothpick.
- Place roll-ups in baking dish; cover and cook at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Spoon remaining hot mustard sauce over ham rolls just before serving.