3 hrs 15 mins
This is a comfort food, stick to your ribs, cold night dinner! Serve wwith hot buttered corn bread. Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and pick over the beans.
- 2Place in a large stockpot and cover with the soaking water.
- 3Let stand overnight.
- 4(you can speed this up by using your crock pot on high and watch the water. It takes around 3 hours) Drain the beans, rinse and drain again.
- 5Heat the oil in the pot over medium high.
- 6Add the onions, carrot and garlic.
- 7Cook, stirring often until the onions are tender, around 3 or 4 minutes.
- 8Add the beans, cooking water and the bay leaf.
- 9Slowly bring to a full boil.
- 10Reduce the heat to a simer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
- 11Add the ham bone to the pot.
- 12Re-cover and simmer 2 hours longer-watch the water level.
- 13Remove the bay leaf and discard.
- 14Remove the ham bone and cut away the meat.
- 15Chop into bite sized pieces and return to the pot.
- 16Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 17Serve with corn bread.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.2
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 26.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.3 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: