Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
Here is a wonderful way to use up any left over Easter ham. You can also use chicken in place of the ham.
Top Review by Tisme
Now I had a bit of a dilema with wanting to make this recipe, as my DS hates Asparagus. But I was going to try it all the same, and he could pick it out if he wanted to eat it!
So with that said ..........
I followed the recipe as written...well sort of, I used thinly sliced ham but I cut the Asparagus into about 1-2 inch pieces as the directions did not mention whole or cut. Also I served it cold not hot, as it was the first hot night we have had in months here. This makes for a great salad!!!!!!! And if its tastes as good cold as it does waem...... Well it will taste fantastic!!!!
Easy and so simple to make, and the best part, DS gobbled it down and loved it!
And NO.......... not one piece of Asparagus to be seen on his plate when he finished.
As for the leftover's DD came home from work and demolished a good plateful (cold) OHHH and .... DS was not impressed next day when there was not a decent enough amount for him to take to work!
Awesome recipe Chef Buggsy Mate, served warm or cold!
Will be making more of this during the Asparagus season!
Thanks for posting.
- 4 cups corkscrew macaroni
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus
- 8 ounces cooked ham, cut in thin strips (can substitute chicken)
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft-style cream cheese with chives
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Add asparagus and ham or chicken to the pasta during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; return to pan.
- In a 2 cup measurer; stir cream cheese into milk.
- Add mixture to pasta and stir gently over medium heat until heated through.