1/1 Photo of Halvah Shortbread
What can be better than shortbread with spiced tea or Turkish coffee? This is an untried recipe from Moosewood Collective that I am posting for Zaar World Tour 2005.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- 2With a food processor, or by hand, cream the butter with the tahini.
- 3Add the salt and brown sugar. Blend until smooth.
- 4Sprinkle in the flour, blending well.
- 5Mix in the chopped nuts. The dough will be very stiff.
- 6Lightly butter 2 7-inch pie plates or shallow baking pans.
- 7Press the dough to evenly cover the bottom and sides of the pie plates so that the thickness is not more than 1/4 inch.
- 8Press a few whole nuts into the surface to decorate.
- 9Bake the shortbread for 15 minutes and then check it frequently, every couple of minutes, and remove it from the oven as soon as the edges are golden brown.
- 10Be careful not to overbake.
- 11While it's still warm, cut each shortbread into 8 or 10 wedges in the pan; don't wait until it's cool or it will crumble.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halvah Shortbread
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 279.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 83.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g