Prep 40 mins
Cook 50 mins
from a magazine called Country Collections
- 3 leeks, white part only, cut cross wise and then half lengthwise
- 2 red capsicums, seeded and cut in wide strips
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 120 g halloumi cheese, coarsely grated
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup thickened cream
- 1⁄2 cup basil, shredded
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Place leek and peppers in roasting pan, drizzle with oil.
- Season and then toss to combine.
- Roast 40 minutes till soft, remove from oven and cool.
- Leave oven at 180 C.
- Lightly grease 25 cm non stick ovenproof frypan.
- Arrange roasted vegetable in base of frypan.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- In a jug, combine eggs, cream, basil and seasoning, whisk well.
- Pour mixture over vegetables, cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to oven and cook for 40 minutes till firm.