Just watch the look on the trick or treaters faces when you pop one of these in their sack. When I was a kid this was the ultimate goodie.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter a large microproof casserole dish, be generous with the butter.
- 2Butter a piece of waxed paper and cover a cookie sheet with it.
- 3Push a wooden popsicle stick in each apple through the stalk.
- 4Unwrap the caramels (this is the most time consuming).
- 5Place them with water in the casserole dish.
- 6Microwave on medium High (70% power) for 4 minutes.
- 7Stir well and microwave on medium high (70% power) until the caramels are melted.
- 8Blend in the cinnamon.
- 9Dip each apple in the caramel, turning to coat evenly.
- 10Place apples on waxed paper until set.
- 11If the caramel thickens as you work return it to the microwave and reheat.
- 12Wrap each apple in plastic wrap completely covering the apple so when it is thrown into the treat bag it won't stick to everything else.
- 13NB You can also do this recipe using a double boiler it just takes a little longer but the results are the same.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Halloween Caramel Apples
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.0
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 10.3 mg
- Sodium 200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 63.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g