Prep 40 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious Halloumi Cheese Kebabs
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded
- 1 red onion
- 8 large cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut the cheese, pepper and onion into even–sized pieces about 1 inch (2.5 cm) square.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, coriander, lime, garlic and plenty of ground black pepper. Stir in the cheese, pepper, onion and mushrooms and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 mins or overnight if preferred.
- When you're ready to barbecue the kebabs, thread the cheese and vegetables onto skewers.
- Place the kebabs over the hot coals, turning occasionally until charred at the edges – about 10 minutes. Brush with leftover marinade juices as you turn them.
- Serve with rocket salad.