Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The best BBQ dish you can ever make!
- 7 -10 ounces pittas halloumi cheese
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 6 black olives
- 1 green pepper
- 6 small shallots
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed fine herbs or 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- Cut Halloumi into 12 large cubes.
- Make an X mark on each tomato with a sharp knife's tip. This is done to prevent the tomatoes from splitting during grilling.
- Pit in the olives.
- Peel shallots.
- Core pepper and cut it into 12 cubes.
- Now, on bamboo or metal skewers, alternately thread the veggies and the Halloumi cubes. Begin and end with a pepper cube.
- For marinade, combine all ingredients in a large shallow dish.
- Marinate kebabs for 30 minutes, turning from side to side every few minutes.
- Grill kebabs on a charcoal grill or under the grill in the oven until the cheese is golden brown. This takes 5 minutes per side.
- Serve hot and enjoy!