Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You can substitute the kind of fish you want to use in this flavorful dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (28 ounce) canimported crushed plum tomatoes
- 4 halibut fillets (4-6 oz each)
- Rinse fish, pat dry, and cut into cubes.
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add peppers, onion, and garlic.
- sauté about 2 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add basil and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add fish, cover, and simmer about 10 minutes until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Serve with garlic bread to soak up the juices.
added some diced fresh roma tomatoes. Didn't have the bell pepper, but it still was very good. Loved the recipe--even my husband (who doesn't really like fish) cleaned his plate. will make again.