Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my original recipe. It is so easy you won't believe how good it is. Beautiful white halibut, lightly smoky from the BBQ, with a sauce of red currant jelly and garlic. Feel free to add a bit of finly chopped jalapino if more heat is your taste. If you can't find red currant jelly, seedless red raspberry works well, but will be sweeter. You can easilly substitute Orange Roughy. Cod is much cheaper, and will work, but use a fish basket to grill it, as it will fall apart.
- Prepare BBQ. Preheat if using a gas BBQ. Or prepare charcoal with some mesquite chunks.
- Place jelly, garlic slices, and jalapino if desired, into a microwave safe cup. Microwave 30 sec, leave in microwave.
- Rinse and completely dry fish fillets, brush with EVOO on both sides.
- Place the fish on your grill. It should cook about 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Halibut and Orange Roughy won't exactly "flake", but if you can pull the grain apart with a fork, it is done. If using Cod, it will flake easily when done.
- Place fish on plates, remove your sauce from microwave, remove the garlic slices, and drizzle sauce over and around fish.
- NOTE: This is very nice served on a bed of rice pilaf, drizzling the sauce over all.
This was superb! I used flounder which is a more delicate fish then was suggested, but the sauce was delicious. Thanks for posting such a clever idea.