Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy fish recipe
- 2 lbs haddock fillets
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- dry breadcrumbs
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lightly salt and pepper fillets.
- Dust fillets in flour.
- Dip in mixture of egg, milk and ketchup.
- Dip in the bread crumb mixture.
- Sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Saute garlic in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add fish and fry on both sides.
- Place fish on warm platter.
- Add wine and butter to the pan, scrape and bring to a boil.
- Drizzle over fish.
This was very tasty. I made the full amount of the sauce and only made 1lb haddock and didn't really seem like much sauce so I feel it could use a bit more. I liked the addition of the ketchup to the breading. My husband and I enjoyed this very much!
This was excellent. I didn't even bother with the butter sauce because a bit fell off during cooking and it tasted great on its own! It would also be great with a nice tartar sauce. My kids enjoyed it, though one picked off the breading (no offense to the recipe, she just hates breaded things). My husband thought it was great too, and I think we'll be making haddock this way next time we have it too. I had to make a couple of changes - I used water instead of milk, and I had to use half cornmeal because I didn't have enough crumbs. Actually, the cornmeal made it even crispier!
Yum Yum Yum. Followed recipe exactly - except - We didn't have bread crumbs. Use crushed corn flakes and corn meal instead. Will make this again.