Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe makes enough butter to accompany several batches of Caribbean Spiced Mahi Mahi with Habanero-Peach Butter. The butter will keep well refrigerated - just slice off the appropriate amount as you need it. Try it on other dishes; it adds a light spicy and fruity flavor to chicken, pork, and seafood dishes. You can roll any compound butter in plastic wrap and shape it into a tube. After it has been refrigerated, the butter will be hard, and you can then just slice off the amount you need. Better yet, freeze the butter, and it will keep for months. From El Cocodrilo's Cookbook.
- Heat the oil over high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add the chiles, bell pepper, and shallot; cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and honey to the chile mixture, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until almost all the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool.
- Place 2 of the peaches and the butter in a food processor or blender.
- Process until well mixed.
- Add cooled chile mixture to the butter puree, and process until well blended.
- Transfer the butter mixture to small bowl.
- Mince the remaining peach, add it to the butter mixture, and blend well.
- Cover and refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use, or freeze it.