- 8 ounces shortcrust pastry (225g)
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk (400g)
- 12 ounces dark muscovado sugar (350g)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 400°F, 200°C, Gas 6.
- Roll out pastry and use to line 10 inch (25cm) flan ring and bake blind for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Let it cool.
- Whisk evaporated milk and sugar together for 10-15 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Pour into the pastry case and bake for 10 minutes.
- It will have a slightly sticky top but will not set completely until it has cooled completely.
- Serve cold.