Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A simple recipe to make with your kids.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (or you may substitute canola oil)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2⁄3 cup chopped gumdrop (omit black if you like)
- 1 (450 g) container vanilla frosting, for frosting (or your own homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla together to blend; stir in gumdrops.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake on center rack in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and top springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then move to a rack to let cool completely.
- Spread icing over cooled cupcakes then decorate with your favourite candies.