Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This sweet is very common in Bihar and other parts of India.It is very tasty and easy to make to.
Make and share this Gujiya or Perakiya( Indian Pastry Sweet) recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl combine the salt, flour and ghee. Rub in well. Gradually add water and knead to form a firm dough. Cover with wet cloth and set aside.
- How to prepare Khoya :- take about 2 liters of milk.Heat the Milk in a solid non - stick pan in low heat , stir continuously make sure that the milk doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Let the milk reduce this process may take several minutes, stir continuously with medium low heat.Stir until the milk becomes semi solid. Then take them out and place them out in usable sizes.They can be stored in the freezer and can be defrosted and used later.
- For the stuffing: Mix khoya, sugar, chopped almonds and raisins, cardamom powder, and poppy seeds(optional) till the milk evaorates.
- Divide the dough into 20-25 sections, roll them out into flat round pancakes. Place a spoon of stuffing at the centre and fold the pancake in half. Use a cutter to create the fluted crescent border and cut off excess dough. You can seal the edges by applying a little milk and pressing down hard.
- After all the gujiyas are stuffed, fry them in very hot oil for 2-3 minutes or till golden brown, remove onto paper towels and allow to cool.
- The gujiyas can last for 7-8 days if stored in an air tight container.