1/2 Photos of Guinness Cake
1 hr 25 mins
Beer - it's not just for drinking any more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
- 10 ounces dark brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 6 ounces plain flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 7 fluid ounces Guinness stout (or other Irish stout)
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1To make the cake-----------.
- 2Grease and line two 8-inch cake pans, and preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- 3Cream butter and sugar together.
- 4Gradually beat in the eggs.
- 5Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda into a separate bowl.
- 6Stir Guinness into cocoa.
- 7Carefully fold in alternate quantities of flour and cocoa to butter/sugar mixture.
- 8Spread mixture into pans and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- 9Leave to cool in pans for 5 minutes before turning out.
- 10To make the icing---------.
- 11Melt chocolate with Guinness, and then beat in butter and leave to cool a little before beating in icing sugar.
- 12Remove ¼ of icing and stir in chopped walnuts.
- 13When icing has cooled to a spreadable consistency, sandwich cake with walnut icing and use rest for top and sides.
- 14Decorate with walnut halves and grated chocolate.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guinness Cake
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 622.1
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 43.3 g
- Protein 8.2 g