Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Served with fat-free blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, this alternative preparation gives all the flavor and a fraction of the calories of traditional buffalo wings. Adapted from Hungry Girls.
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 10 nugget-shaped pieces
- 1⁄4 cup all-bran cereal, finely crushed (Fiber One preferred)
- 1 ounce fat-free potato chips (Pringles preferred, approximately 14 chips) or 1 ounce Pringles fat free barbecue potato crisps, finely crushed (Pringles preferred, approximately 14 chips)
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (Frank's Red Hot preferred)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking pan with cooking spray (Pam).
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Place chicken pieces in a separate dish and toss with pepper sauce.
- Give each chicken piece a shake (so it's not dripping) then coat it evenly with the crumb mixture.
- Lay the battered nuggets on the prepared baking pan.
- Place in preheated oven.
- Bake for ten minutes, flip the nuggets over and return to oven for 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked throughout.