Served with fat-free blue cheese dressing and celery sticks, this alternative preparation gives all the flavor and a fraction of the calories of traditional buffalo wings. Adapted from Hungry Girls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 10 nugget-shaped pieces
- 1/4 cup all-bran cereal, finely crushed (Fiber One preferred)
- 1 ounce fat-free potato chips (Pringles preferred, approximately 14 chips) or 1 ounce Pringles fat free barbecue potato crisps, finely crushed (Pringles preferred, approximately 14 chips)
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce (Frank's Red Hot preferred)
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 375F and spray a baking pan with cooking spray (Pam).
- 2Mix dry ingredients together.
- 3Place chicken pieces in a separate dish and toss with pepper sauce.
- 4Give each chicken piece a shake (so it's not dripping) then coat it evenly with the crumb mixture.
- 5Lay the battered nuggets on the prepared baking pan.
- 6Place in preheated oven.
- 7Bake for ten minutes, flip the nuggets over and return to oven for 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and chicken is cooked throughout.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guiltless Buffalo Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 226.5
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.7 mg
- Sodium 726.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 28.2 g