Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I took my favorite recipe and substituted some ingredients to make them healthier. I'm curious about the nutritional breakdown.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup plain yogurt 4% fat
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, liquefied in blender
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups whole grain wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts
- Blend egg whites, yogurt, sugar and vanilla. Sift all dry ingredients together except chips and nuts. Add dry ingredients to liquid mixture and blend well. Add nuts.
- Fill muffin papers or (silicone muffin forms) 3/4 full. THEN divide the chocolate chips among the muffins so each has the same amount. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or until done. Cool on counter and then in refrigerator for a few hours so the muffin paper will peel off without sticking
- Yield: 30 muffins.