Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a low calorie dessert recipe that I LOVE and had while at Duke Diet Fitness Center. Don't let the fact that it's made with soft tofu fool you! It is incredibly chocolately, creamy and DELISH! You would never know it's cutting the calories in this one. Try it, you won't be sorry you did!!!
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 12 ounces soft tofu or 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese or 8 ounces reduced-fat neufchatel cheese
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
- In a double boiler or in the microwave melt the chocolate chips.
- In a food processor place the melted chocolate, 8 oz. of tofu, and 1/2 T. of honey. Blend well, then place the mixture in the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a separate food processor mix the cream cheese, remaining 4 oz. of tofu, the other 1/2 T. of honey, and the Splenda and vanilla. Mix well. Spread this mixture over the chocolate layer.
- Serve with sauce of choice, or fresh fruit topping.
- Alternate method:.
- Try putting half of the chocolate mixture on the bottom, with the cheese mixture in the middle, and the other half of the chocolate mixture on the top.
This pie is so good! I made it last night and it was even better today. Rich and creamy and the protein boost from the tofu made a small slice quite filling. I made it with fat-free cream cheese to keep the calories down, but I'm sure it would be even better with low-fat. Thanks for posting!
I had a friend over for dinner who has diabetes and wanted to make a dessert that she could eat. I came across this one and it looked like a good one to try. I know if they serve it at a diet fitness center it must be good! Well, let me tell you, this is not only good, it's AWESOME! You would never know it was made with tofu, or that it's a diet dessert! It was one of the best cheesecakes I have ever had! NO KIDDIN!
I made this for company over the weekend, and it was FANTASTIC! You will never again associate this with diet anything. It is so darn good! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this recipe Linda. Me and my waistline will forever be grateful!