Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This is a low calorie dessert recipe that I LOVE and had while at Duke Diet Fitness Center. Don't let the fact that it's made with soft tofu fool you! It is incredibly chocolately, creamy and DELISH! You would never know it's cutting the calories in this one. Try it, you won't be sorry you did!!!
Top Review by Chris from Kansas
This pie is so good! I made it last night and it was even better today. Rich and creamy and the protein boost from the tofu made a small slice quite filling. I made it with fat-free cream cheese to keep the calories down, but I'm sure it would be even better with low-fat. Thanks for posting!
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 12 ounces soft tofu or 12 ounces silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese or 8 ounces reduced-fat neufchatel cheese
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- In a double boiler or in the microwave melt the chocolate chips.
- In a food processor place the melted chocolate, 8 oz. of tofu, and 1/2 T. of honey. Blend well, then place the mixture in the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a separate food processor mix the cream cheese, remaining 4 oz. of tofu, the other 1/2 T. of honey, and the Splenda and vanilla. Mix well. Spread this mixture over the chocolate layer.
- Serve with sauce of choice, or fresh fruit topping.
- Alternate method:.
- Try putting half of the chocolate mixture on the bottom, with the cheese mixture in the middle, and the other half of the chocolate mixture on the top.