Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Calorie and fat reduced salad dressing for those who like Caesar salad but want to cut down on fat and cholesterol. I clipped this recipe from a recent Toronto Globe and Mail newspaper. We tried it last night and enjoyed it.
- 1⁄4 cup 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 anchovies, chopped (I substituted 1 tsp. anchovy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine cottage cheese, mayonnaise, anchovies, lemon juice, Worcestershire, garlic and olive oil in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Stir in Parmesan and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If dressing is too thick, thin down with a little warm water.
*AWESOME* caesar salad dressing. I made this with the anchovies and one garlic clove, juice from 1/2 lemon. So easy to prepare in the food processor. I found that with the anchovies it didn't need the extra salt, it was just right for us. We love lots of fresh ground pepper. You have a winner with this recipe. Thanks Heather for sharing this one. Made for PAC spring 08.