Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Guaymas is a small Mexican coastal fishing village near the Baja Califionia Peninsula. This is a nice salad with avocados, oranges, and jicama among other great stuff. Posted for Zaar World Tour 05
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 seedless oranges
- 1 jicama
- 1 small head lettuce
- pitted ripe olives
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- Cut avocados in half; peel and remove pits.
- Cut into thin slices and immediately dip in lime juice to prevent discoloring.
- With sharp knife, cut off peel on oranges, cutting deep enough to remove all the white membrane.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Peel jicama; shred, using large hole of shredder or food processor.
- Line serving platter with lettuce leaves. Arrange avocado and orange slices overlapping slightly around the shredded jicama.
- Garnish with olives.
- Serve with avocado dressing.
- To make dressing; put all dressing ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
I used pimento stuffed olives and lemon juice. I did not have lime. Next time I will use lime juice and have on my list. A show stopper I love jicama any way! Thanks!