jenny butt's Note:
Delicious fruit pie--traditional recipe of Jamaica. Food of the world series Time/Life
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain liquid from guavas (reserve liquid); pat guavas dry.
- 2Pour 5/8 pint of liquid into a small saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
- 3Cook briskly until liquid is reduced to approx 3/8 pint.
- 4Reduce heat to low and stir in 3 Tbsp lime juice.
- 5Taste and add more juice if needed.
- 6Stir arrowroot mixture and blend; pour into simmering guava juice mixture stirring constantly until mixture thickens to a light syrupy glaze.
- 7Remove pan from heat.
- 8Spread a thin coating over inside surface of pie case.
- 9Place guavas in pie case, cut side down, ensuring that bottom of case is covered completely.
- 10Arrange rest of guavas in concentric circles on top.
- 11Pour rest of glaze evenly over pie and cool to room temperature.
- 12Serve accompanied with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guava Pie
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.8
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.5 mg
- Sodium 174.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 11.0 g