Recipe by Shannon Holmes
This is sweet and so delicious. The orginal recipe calls for apricot nectar, but I used guava nectar as I had some guava nectar opened.... Blend and enjoy! This is from the book Smoothies, and in there it is called abc easy as 1-2-3 The preparation includes freezer time.
- 1⁄2 small banana, chopped
- 1 cup diced fresh apricots or 1 cup canned apricots (I used Splenda sweetened)
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk (or 2 tbsp. coconut milk and 2 tbsp. cold water)
- 3⁄8 cup apricots (as written) or 3⁄8 cup guava nectar, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the apricots and the bananas in a container and frezze overnight.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blenderize.
- Stop and chop at fruit with a knife to help the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- I think this would be even better with rum in it.
- Pour drink in glass, insert straw-- close your eyes and imagine yourself on a tropical island.
- Drink slow and enjoy.
- I have since made this smoothie without the coconut milk and it is also good that way, just use 3/4 cup guava nectar.