Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't like guacamole to compete with the other dishes when preparing a Mexican feast. My tamales, beans, rice, etc. don't like the competition if the guacamole has too many ingredients; trying to steal the limelight. This is a condiment that I can throw together with very few ingredients, substituting as necessary. No chunky guacamole for me, this is creamy, delicious and simple!
- *Note: My husband however insists on using homemade mayonnaise when he prepares guacamole. I felt obligated to point that out.
- In serving bowl, juice the lime.
- Scoop the avocado into the bowl with the lime and lightly mash the ingredients together to stop the avocados from turning brown.
- Next add the salt, a few dashes of pepper and the sour cream, mashing the avocado mixture with fork until very smooth. Adjust seasoning and add more lime juice if necessary.
- Cover bowl well and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Guacamole is best eaten within a day. Leftover guacamole doesn't exist in our household.
- Yield: approximately 1 cup.
Love Guac! I did use low fat yogurt. Added cilantro to this yumminess. Thanks
*Reviewed during ZWT5 Mexico visit for Cheese and Whine Team* A quick and easy quacamole to make. I used sour cream in my quac and garnished with a sprinkle of Mexican chile powder. A good basic quacamole recipe that you could add to if you wish .Photo also being posted.
I made this recently on a busy work night.. I really liked it. Only change I made was to add a clove of crushed garlic to give it a bit of heat. Thanks so much for sharing!