Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A twist on an American tradition.
- 8 hot dogs (beef or turkey)
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1⁄3 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small ripe tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- For the Guacamole: Cut each avocado in half, working around the pit. Twist apart and remove the pit with a knife. Peel off the skin and discard. Toss peeled avocado in a bowl. Add the lime juice to prevent from browning; mash the avocados. Add the onion, jalapeno pepper, tomato, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Place hot dogs on a preheated grill, about 4 inches from a medium flame. Cook for about 6 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- When hot dogs are about one minute away from being done, open buns and place on the grill to warm them.
- Place cooked hot dogs in buns and top with guacamole and top with chopped red onions.