1/2 Photos of Guacamole Field
I received this cute idea in an email from the Hass Avocado Board, after my avocado-loving family made me sign up for it :) It was a really great addition to our SuperBowl party, although I still need to work on my piping skills. Here is how I adapted it to our tastes! About the mayonnaise - I made it optional, because I only use it when working with "chunkier" avocados that don't mash as creamily as I might like. It helps to smooth out the dip, which makes the family happy since it sticks to the chips better! I know it sounds weird, though, so you can omit it if you prefer. :) I don't add extra salt to our food, so you might want to taste it and see if you would like to do so. I sometimes add the optional roasted corn for extra flavor, so I included directions for that option, as well, if you are interested.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and mash avocados in a small bowl.
- 2Add mayonnaise (if using), cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- 3Add tomato, onion, cilantro, and cheese and mix well.
- 4Spread guacamole in a layer in a 7x11" pan.
- 5The sour cream will be used for piping the field lines, end zones, and players, if you like. If you are going to be using players, you can divide the sour cream into three scoops, using the food color to dye two of them the team colors.
- 6To pipe, if you don't have a piping tubes (I don't), you can cut a small tip off the corner of a sandwich bag and fill it with the sour cream. Gently squeeze the sour cream out of the tip. When using the white sour cream, you can make the field lines and numbers. The colors can be used to make x's and o's or little dollops around the field to indicate the players.
- 7Use two additional scoops of sour cream to spread in end zones. You can also pipe in the team names in each end zone using the team colors!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guacamole Field
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.3
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 109.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g