Recipe by Starrynews
I received this cute idea in an email from the Hass Avocado Board, after my avocado-loving family made me sign up for it :) Here is how I adapted it to our tastes!
Top Review by Lalaloula
This is such a cute idea, we just love it! :)
The guacamole tastes lovely with just the right amount of heat and cumin. YUM! I decided to turn this into a German soccer field as Im not familiar with a football field, so this is why my pic looks different. It was really fun and easy to make following your freezer bag suggestion. My lines came out a little wobbly, but I think that is quite charming. lol
I had to leave out the tomato as my mother hates them raw, but I included the mayonnaise for a very creamy look and feel.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this awesome idea with us, starry! Made and reviewed during Veggie Swap #30 January 2011.
- 3 avocados
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheese (Mexican-style 4-cheese blend)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and mash avocados in a small bowl.
- Add mayonnaise (if using), cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Add tomato, onion, cilantro, and cheese and mix well.
- Spread guacamole in a layer in a 7x11" pan.
- The sour cream will be used for piping the field lines, end zones, and players, if you like. If you are going to be using players, you can divide the sour cream into three scoops, using the food color to dye two of them the team colors.
- To pipe, if you don't have a piping tubes (I don't), you can cut a small tip off the corner of a sandwich bag and fill it with the sour cream. Gently squeeze the sour cream out of the tip. When using the white sour cream, you can make the field lines and numbers. The colors can be used to make x's and o's or little dollops around the field to indicate the players.
- Use two additional scoops of sour cream to spread in end zones. You can also pipe in the team names in each end zone using the team colors!