Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've been playing with guacamole for a long time, and I think this is THE ONE!
Make and share this Guacamole Colorado recipe from Food.com.
- 1 -3 ripe avocado, depending on how much you want to make
- 1 -3 ripe roma tomato (1 per avocado)
- 2 -9 slices cooked bacon, 2-3 slices per avocados
- 1 -6 tablespoon chopped onion, 1-2 tablespoons per avocado
- 1 -6 chopped fresh jalapenos or 1 -6 fresno chile pepper, 1-2 per avocado
- garlic salt
- lime juice
- Dice the avocados and the tomatoes - I like bigger pieces of avocado, since some of the avocado is going to get mashed when you mix it.
- Break the bacon (or chop it) into small pieces - (about the size of an aspirin).Add to the avocados.
- Add the chopped onion, the chopped pepper and a SMALL amount of garlic salt.
- Mix it all together, adding small pieces of cilantro as you go.
- Sprinkle lime juice over the top - it stops the avocado from turning brown. Taste and add more garlic salt if needed.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes if you can stand to wait that long. ENJOY!