HotRod Howie's Note:
I've been playing with guacamole for a long time, and I think this is THE ONE!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -3 ripe avocado, depending on how much you want to make
- 1 -3 ripe roma tomato (1 per avocado)
- 2 -9 slices cooked bacon, 2-3 slices per avocados
- 1 -6 tablespoon chopped onion, 1-2 tablespoons per avocado
- 1 -6 chopped fresh jalapenos or 1 -6 fresno chile pepper, 1-2 per avocado
- garlic salt
- lime juice
- 1Dice the avocados and the tomatoes - I like bigger pieces of avocado, since some of the avocado is going to get mashed when you mix it.
- 2Break the bacon (or chop it) into small pieces - (about the size of an aspirin).Add to the avocados.
- 3Add the chopped onion, the chopped pepper and a SMALL amount of garlic salt.
- 4Mix it all together, adding small pieces of cilantro as you go.
- 5Sprinkle lime juice over the top - it stops the avocado from turning brown. Taste and add more garlic salt if needed.
- 6Refrigerate for 30 minutes if you can stand to wait that long. ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Guacamole Colorado
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.4 mg
- Sodium 96.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 2.6 g