Recipe by diana707
Delicious and easy appetizer. I saw a variation of this on Daisy Cooks with crab salad but made it with guacamole. I usually like my guacamole chunky but for this recipe a little on the creamy side is best. The guacamole is savory and the plaintain is slightly sweet and cruncy. A delicious combination!
- 2 green plantains
- oil (for frying)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 plum tomato, minced
- 4 tablespoons onions, minced
- jalapeno pepper, minced To Taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel plaintains and cut into 1 inch pieces. Soak in salted water for five minutes. Heat oil, medium high. Dry the plaintains and fry just until lightly golden. Remove and drain.
- Make the guacamole. Combine all ingrediants and cover with plastic wrap (place wrap directly on top of guacamole to prevent discoloration).
- Place plaintain piece on board and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. With a heavy pan, flatten the plaintain just until it the edges crack, about 1/4" thick.
- Heat oil until hot and fry the plaintains again, turning often until brown and crispy. Remove from pan, salt and let cool slightly.
- Place a large dollop of guacamole on top of each and serve.