Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pickled jalapeno chili, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- Halve and pit the avocados and scoop the flesh into a bowl.
- Mash the avocados coarse with a fork; stir in remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Guacamole may be made 2 hours in advance, its surface covered with plastic wrap, and chilled.
Very Good! I opted out of the Jalapenos, but added a little trick I tasted in Costa Rica. Just add 1 Boiled Egg (white only). It makes it even better than before!
Really wonderful guac! I added a couple of teaspoons of light sour cream to make it a little creamier. Definetly the flavors I was looking for in guacamole.
A great quick guac to put together. Everything is at just the right measurement! Will not change a thing! And we will have it again. Thnx for posting, ESG.