Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Bon Appetit. Feb 2000
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon dried fines herbes or 1 teaspoon dried dried herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed grated gruyere cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Beat eggs, 2 tablespoons parsley, 2 teaspoons water, dried herbs, salt and pepper in small bowl to blend.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of egg mixture (about 1/2 cup) to skillet.
- Cook until eggs are just set in center, tilting pan and lifting edge of omelet with spatula to let uncooked portion flow underneath, about 2 minutes.
- Top half of omelet with 1/4 cup cheese. Using spatula, fold other half of omelet over cheese; slide out onto plate.
- Repeat with remaining butter, egg mixture and cheese. Sprinkle omelets with remaining 1 tablespoon parsley.