Carrot and Parsley Omelet
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Steam or cook carrots in boiling salt water until tender. About 20 minutes to get carrots tender.
- Mash with fork or using a food processor, coarsely puree. Stir in ground caraway seeds, harissa, garlic, add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl beat fresh eggs with a 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir in carrot mixture, hard cooked eggs and parsley.
- Over medium heat, heat olive oil in a 10 inch oven proof non-stick skillet. Drop a bit of egg mixture in to skillet, if it sizzles, pan is hot enough to add egg mixture. Let cook 4 to 5 minutes, until it has set on the bottom and starts setting on top of the egg mixture.
- Put in broil and broil for 3 to 4 minutes. It should be lightly brown and fluffy.
- May slide onto platter and serve or serve from skillet.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> Married, Have 6 children 4 DS~29, 28,15 & 13, DD~24 &22. 3 grandsons & 2 granddaughters. Started back to college this winter, all new, kind of scary, but exciting. Like to cook and try new recipes, sew , crochet, read, camping, fishing.</p>