1/2 Photos of Grown up Mac & Cheese With Bay Scallops
Bella Cucina's Note:
This is a yummy new recipe that I created today. I was thinking about making a pasta alfredo with some sauteed scallops, but things got out of control & my husband LOVED the results.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb bay scallop
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk (or more as needed)
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup of finely shredded cheese (I used a mixture of cheddar and muenster today because it's what I had in the house)
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese (to garnish)
- 2 cups of small penne pasta
- salt and pepper, as needed
- 1Set pot of water to boil for the pasta & add pasta when water is at a rolling boil.
- 2In a large pan over medium heat, heat onion and butter until onions are soft, sweet and lightly brown - add garlic at the end as it cooks much faster than onion.
- 3Sprinkle the flour over the top of them and stir to make a roux. Add the milk a little at a time while stirring constantly. Don't panic if it's a little lumpy because you are making a cheese sauce anyway.
- 4After thoroughly rinsing the bay scallops (they tend to be sandy) add them to the sauce in the pan and cook until the scallops are opaque. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Once the scallops are done, add the cheese and stir it up.
- 6To plate, I garnished with goat cheese and fresh cracked pepper - very tasty addition.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grown up Mac & Cheese With Bay Scallops
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.5
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 852.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: