Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
I found this recipe on a local TV stations website. Ingredient amounts are approximate as everyones taste varies.
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vietnamese cinnamon (sometimes called Saigon Cinnamon)
- 4 tablespoons turbinado sugar or 4 tablespoons demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Smear a thin coat of softened butter on one side of each of piece of bread.
- Dust bread with cinnamon in a mottled pattern.
- Sprinkle sugar on top. 1/2 to 1 tbsp per slice depending on taste and size of bread slice.
- Place under hot broiler. Remove when the tops are sizzling and the edges of the crust are one step away from burning.(approx 1 1/2 to 2 minutes).
- Serve with Mexican hot chocolate.
- Note: If you are a toast purist, toast the bottom sides before buttering and seasoning the tops.