These are really cute cupcakes to celebrate Groundhog Day on Feb. 2. The design is from Disney. They are adorable and great for kids to take to school.
- 12 baked cupcakes
- 6 almond joy candy bars
- 10 white jelly beans
- 3 watermelon slice candy
- 48 brown miniature M&M's chocolate candies
- 4 chocolate cookies
- white frosting
- black decorating gel
- Remove a piece of cake the width of an Almond Joy candy from the center of a baked cupcake.
- Set the candy upright in the hole, then spread a layer of white frosting on the cupcake.
- For the groundhog's eyes, trim the ends from a white jelly bean, stick them in place with frosting, then dot them with black decorators' gel.
- Add a tiny triangle cut from a watermelon slice candy for a nose, brown M&M's Minis for ears and cheeks, and a tiny rectangular piece of white jelly bean for teeth.
- Sprinkle chocolate cookie crumbs around the partially emerged groundhog, and he's ready to greet his fans.