Recipe by yogiclarebear
Adapted from an allrecipes.com recipe. My version is a bit healthier, using ground turkey, unsweetened ketchup and sugar substitute. You can certainly substitute beef and real sugar and it would be just as tasty. We like a sweeter sloppy so I usually add more sweetener for us. Enjoy in good health!
Top Review by marcoandrita
Fun recipe. I really liked the contrast between the ground turkey and cabbage. Good flavor, used regular ketchup, BSugar and celery seed being I didn't have celery on hand. Had to add a clove of garlic. Makes a lot!!! Will freeze half for another time. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs extra- lean ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped (2 oz)
- 2 cups green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped (3 oz)
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar substitute
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- hamburger bun
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray treat a large non-stick skillet. Add turkey and vegetables. Cook over medium heat until meat is cooked through and vegetables are starting to tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients. Stir into the turkey and vegetables, mixing well. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.