Green peppers stuffed with Lean ground beef, onions and Celery. Tip: You can blanch the peppers in boiling water for 3 min and freeze them for later use.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each bell pepper lengthwise in half.
- Wash the insides and outsides of the peppers after removing the seeds and membranes.
- Cook the peppers in the boiling salted water for 5 minutes then drain and set aside. Cook and stir the meat, onion and celery in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat. Stir in half of the tomato sauce and the remaining ingredients, heat to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Place the peppers, cut sides up, in an ungreased baking pan 9 X 9 X 2 or 8 X 8 X 2-inches.
- Spoon the meat filling into each of the pepper half evenly and then cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and top with the remaining tomato sauce and bake an additional 5 minutes.