Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Ground Beef Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) packagepillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on the box
- 1 lb lean ground beef (at least 80%)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups frozen southern-style diced hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Line a 9-inch glass pie plate with one pie crust; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook been, onion, garlic salt, and pepper over med-high heat 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooed; drain.
- Stir cornstarch into beef mixture until mixed.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, and gravy; cook 5-6 minutes over med-high heat, stirring often, until hot.
- Spoon mixture into crust-lined plate.
- Top with second crust, seal edge and flute.
- Cut slits in several places in top crust; cover edge of crust with foil.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is golden brown; let stand 5 minutes before serving.