Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Saw this made on TV a couple times, it's so easy to put together, I thought I should share!
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up, undrained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- In a large skillet add the beef,onion and garlic until meat is browned and onion is tender.Drain off the fat.Add the tomatoes,1/4 teaspoon salt,pepper and cinnamon.Simmer for 15 minutes.Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese and macaroni.
- In a 12x8x2 glass casserole dish add the mixture and set aside.In a sauce pan or the skillet melt the butter,blend in the flour and remaining1/4 teaspoon salt.Stir in the milk and cook for about 5 minutes stirring all the time or until sauce is thick.Cool slightly.
- Beat the eggs one at a time.Stir in the remaining1/4 cup cheese and pour over the meat mixture. Place in a preheated oven at 375 and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.