Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's an easy and delicious fried rice recipe make with lean ground beef and lots of vegetables. Perfect for a healthy week-night meal.
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 3 large celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Brown ground beef in large skillet.
- Stir in onions, celery, bean sprouts, mushrooms, red bell pepper and gingerroot.
- Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Stir in rice and soy sauce.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
good, but a little bland for my taste. I think next time I will be adding garlic and maybe some red pepper flakes.
I loved this recipe. It took no more than 20 minutes to make and was everything I wanted in a meal. I loved the tast. I added more soy sauce than that and basically doubled the recipe. Will definately be making this again.